This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Plugin to change pitch?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
b0ng0
Registered Member

Plugin to change pitch?

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:49 pm
I used to use winamp in windows with pacemaker plugin to change the pitch of songs so that I don't need to continuously retune my guitar for playing along to.

I was wondering if amaroK has something similar and if so, where could I get it from?

Thanks
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Re: Plugin to change pitch?

Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:44 pm
Search kde-apps.org. But I have never heard of such a plugin.
grefabu
Registered Member

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:26 am
Hi,

I search for this for a long time! The only player I found to change pitch is pythone.

I hope the feature come for amarok.

Bye
etron
Registered Member

Tue May 01, 2007 2:18 am
Same by me, I'm using pacemaker with winamp on windows, too.
Amarok is very nice and I would love to use it to listen to electronic music dj sets. But without pitch control, it's useless for me.

I've found an entry to this issue in the weekly news letter no 5, but it seems, that it won't be integrated tho libxine supports it.
To make this clear, it has nothing to do with mixing. There are plenty of ppl out there, who are listening to dj sets, and sooner or later, they all want to pitch a little when they are listening.

I don't understand, why such things like wiki integration are important for an audio player, there are thousands of browser plugins, widgets, apps for this task and audio related stuff is not part of your 90% rule.

But perhaps you will change your mind some day, now you have at least two use cases for pitching.

etron

P.S. Found more requests for this feature, when I searched for pythone: http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/216

Last edited by etron on Tue May 01, 2007 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.