This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request: Disc number as third level sorting in collection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bichenoubi
Registered Member
Well, you know what I will say: title says it all ! ;)

I would like that in the collection panel, there is the possibility to choose "Disc number" as the third level of sorting. So if there is a disc number tag in one of the tracks of the album, then a third level appear with "Disc 1". If there is no disc number in one track while some other tracks of the same disc has one, then it is put under "Unkown". If there is no disc number in none of the tracks of an album, then there is no third level at all (not a "unkown" disc number for all tracks).

If a disc number is found in one track of that album

Artist
  Album
      Unkown
        Track title
      Disc 1
        Track title
      Disc 2
        Track title

If no disc number is found in all tracks of that album

Artist
  Album
      Track title
stokedfish
vector24
Registered Member
OS
I've been searching for this for a while this morning... has this been addressed yet?
I'm not a fan of having 4 discs in a set listed individually..it would make a lot more sense to have the Disc number as the 3rd level of sorting
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Please subscribe to this bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=230362. Currently the disc number is not even part of the possible filters in the list.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...