This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Newbie Question: Podcast Icons

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mmchicago
Registered Member

Newbie Question: Podcast Icons

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:52 pm
Hello,

I'm new to Amarok and I've searched and searched for the answer to this question.

Can someone define the meanings of the icons next to podcast names and their episodes?

I generally see three different icons: the arrow pointing down, the box with the stick inside, and the box with the stick and circle. Like this:

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Michael
stokedfish

Re: Newbie Question: Podcast Icons

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:37 pm
I can't recommend Amarok as a podcast manager.

Since it can't handle videos, you'd need a 2nd podcast app anyway.

So I'd totally switch to another programme for podcasts, saves ya lots of hassle...

Last edited by stokedfish on Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmchicago
Registered Member

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:20 pm
stokedfish wrote:I can't recommend Amarok as a podcast manager.

Since it can't handle videos, you'd need a 2nd podcast app anyway.

So I'd totally switch to another programme for podcasts, saves ya lots of hassle...

Thanks. I've been using it for a little while and it's been ok.  I'd just like to know what the icons mean.
dangle_wtf

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:26 am
The down arrow means the podcast has been downloaded to your PC - the one that looks like a broadcast symbol means the podcast is yet to be downloaded. playing that one will stream it rather than playing from a local copy.

Can't remember what the other one is off the top of my head.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:35 am
Just from experience, I would say the difference between the stick and circle, and the plain stick (if that's what it is -- I thought it was a radio transmitter) is that the circle means it is new and you haven't listened to it.

Am I wrong?

Valorie

markey
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:18 pm
valoriez wrote:Just from experience, I would say the difference between the stick and circle, and the plain stick (if that's what it is -- I thought it was a radio transmitter) is that the circle means it is new and you haven't listened to it.

Am I wrong?

You're right.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer