This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Importing iTunes Grouping catagory from .mp3 into Amarok

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
megafauna
Registered Member
Hi,

I am a new Amarok user (am in the process of migrating from XP to Ubuntu) and am thrilled by the labels and the database capabilities of Amarok, iTunes could only take me so far and has began to grind painfully slowly when handling my library's size.

My problem is that I have alot of important metadata in the "Grouping" field of the mp3 files which I have fillt in using iTunes (it divides my music collection by musical era, composer periods (during their life), mood, and cross-indexes the files amongst each other). It would be a crazy amount of work to redo. Is there any way I can have Amarok read that field in the mp3's? I have been unable to find a script to do so.

Thanks
danni
Registered Member
ITunes Grouping is basically the same concept as labels in Amarok... So a conversion script would be fairly straight forward I am guessing...
megafauna
Registered Member
Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping someone had written a script or was about to, and that they could recommend me one - my coding skills are elementary. I'll just have to wait or do it all again I guess, after a glance at scripting just in case I can do it (checking for principals' sake).

Thanks,