This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Last FM error in Amarok 1.4.5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
EmyrB
Registered Member

Last FM error in Amarok 1.4.5

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:34 am
Hi

I have a last fm profile, but when I try to add a last fm personal radio stream it says that this feature is only available to last fm subscribers. What am I doing wrong? Is it because I am using it on Ubuntu 6.10 through GNOME? I have downloaded the last fm player and that works with no problems.

Any suggestions

Cheers

EmyrB
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Last FM error in Amarok 1.4.5

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:37 am
Personal Radio is indeed a feature that requires last.fm subscription. The free streams are Global Tag Radio and Neighbor Radio.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:24 am
It's free to create an account, and last.fm reporting is built in to Amarok. All you need do is go to last.fm and create your account, then tell Amarok that you want your played tracks to be reported to last.fm. Finally, you list your last.fm login info, and viola! You have a cool list off all your tracks. It will take a week or so of listening to some music before a personal radio stream is generated from what you listen to.

You can also listen to the radio streams of your friends and nieghbors, and any groups you join. Hit me up at http://www.last.fm/user/valoriez/ if you need a friend to get you started. And join the Amarok group!

EmyrB
Registered Member

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:26 pm
Hey thanks guys for the info, I was beginning to think it was me :biggrin:

I shall certainly take you up on the kind offer valoriez and I have joined the Amarok group on last.fm.

This sure is a feature that I have been totally unaware of and now that I have found it, it sure does open a lot more doors music taste wise.

Cheers

EmyrB :cool: