This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok takes nearly a minute to start

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Malix82
Registered Member
Hi,

Just recently I've experienced rather long loading times for amaroK, which are ~minute length.
there is no obvious disk activity or cpu usage peaks during that time.

my database consists of ~4200 songs, which would mare around 390-400 albums I guess (around 99% of them having album covers)

Could the album covers cause the slowdown?

edit: doh, forgot to mention, using amarok 1.4.5, in kubuntu, if that matters :smilie:

edit2: hmhm, apparently my hd is rather silent, there is, after all, quite much of disk activity when amarok starts, and cpu usage does jump up quite a bit (had to see that with systemguard).

Last edited by Malix82 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hans
Administrator
OS
You could try to start Amarok from a terminal to see what's happening.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Malix82
Registered Member
malix@Talvi:~$ amarok > amarok.txt
X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
  Major opcode:  147
  Minor opcode:  3
  Resource id:  0x0
Failed to open device
Failed to open device
Failed to open device
Failed to open device
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x80989a8 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "play_pause"
QLayout "unnamed" added to QVBox "unnamed", which already has a layout
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::insertKAccel( kaccel = 0x80989a8 ): KAccel object already contains an action name "play_pause"
QLayout: Adding KToolBar/mainToolBar (child of QVBox/unnamed) to layout for PlaylistWindow/PlaylistWindow

that X Error happens with everything I launch from terminal, so it was to be expected (and since everything works, doesnt bother me  :biggrin: )

and what comes to the rest of it, I don't see anything too dramatic, but I'm not the pro here, wouldn't be asking othervice ;)