This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

ID3 tagging

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
torfrock
Registered Member

ID3 tagging

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:53 pm
Hello,

I would like to use amaroK to tag some of my mp3 files. A part of my music collection is without any tag whatsoever because I grabbed the mp3's from CD without having an open Internet connection to get the tags.
As the musik is organized somewhat differently in amaroK than in my music folders, it's a bit hard to tell which are which.
In principle, I've found out how I can do that (if it's the right thing): If I right-click on any song in the amaroK playlist and select "metadata", then I can select the button "complete using musicbrainz". However, this didn't work up to now. I tried, first with a very big bundle of 1649 titles - of course I was aware that it might take time, but after 15min the tumbler was still there and there were no other signs that anything was happening, so I aborted. Next I tried with a smaller bundle of only 7 songs with the same result, and last I tried a single one, still with the same result.
Any ideas what's wrong? Do I have to set the server to connect to in amaroK or something?
Thanks a lot!
Regards,

torfrock