This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Adding removable media to the collection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jarlath
Registered Member
Due to lack of hard drive space on my laptop, I have to move a portion of my music to an external USB hard drive. Will Amarok support this, taking into consideration that the external drive may not always be present?

Regards,
Jarlath
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Recent Amarok versions (1.4.5) should handle this fine, yes.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
beetfreeq
Registered Member
Well, I have several problems using Amarok 1.4.5 with my external USB harddisk. At first I had problems with duplicate entries and other stuff that seem to have dissappeared now that I changed to a mysql database. My problems at the moments are the following:

- I start KDE without the USB hard drive mounted and mount it afterwards, Amarok only displays an empty collection. When logging in again with the hard drive attached, everything is fine.

- I activate the option to track changes in my collection folders, it empties the whole collection, when the hard disc is not attached. It would be great, if Amarok only tracks changes, when the hard drive is mounted. Otherwise I always need to rescan the collection after I make any changes.
Would be great to see some improvements there in Amarokl 2.0!
markey
KDE Developer
OS
beetfreeq wrote:- I activate the option to track changes in my collection folders, it empties the whole collection, when the hard disc is not attached. It would be great, if Amarok only tracks changes, when the hard drive is mounted. Otherwise I always need to rescan the collection after I make any changes.

No, you don't. You can click "Update Collection", which does exactly the same as the automatic update.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
beetfreeq
Registered Member
I'll try that! Thanks!