This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Export/Save Ratings ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
GrosBedo
Registered Member

Export/Save Ratings ?

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:28 am
Hi =)

First I would like to say that this is the best audio player I've ever used, and I tested many ! This one has all the features I need and even more, except one that is really necessary.

In fact, I very often use ratings in my musics, and in the past I used to do this with Foobar that gave me the ability to write these as ID2 tags (tag was simply named RATING). The problems here are:

- Is there a way Amarok could use these ratings ?
- Is there a possibility for Amarok to export ratings in files as ID2 Tags (or another version of ID, as long as it is written in the file I don't care).

The first problem isn't really important because I can redo all (but this is about 1K music to rerate :p), but the second problem is really important because I use these ratings in some others software for djaying, and in the future I'll do some experimentation with artificial intelligence to reorganize automatically my files so I need this feature.

If this feature don't exist, I can script this even if it means I'll have to learn python or ruby (I already have some basis as programmer), but I must know if at least this is possible with the scripting system...

Thank's for any reply =D
moonchen
Registered Member

Re: Export/Save Ratings ?

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:47 am
I think it would be very useful to be able to write ratings into tags.  This will save a lot of work for anyone using the same collection on multiple music players.

Perhaps this is possible with a script?
cambiogris
Registered Member

Re: Export/Save Ratings ?

Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:32 pm
Hate to bump old threads, but it seems that most of them about this subject get no reply, and I might as well make this one more "notable"...  :confused:

Anyways, I'd also like to know if this is possible. Would it require changing a lot of source code if I were to do it myself?