This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

better handling of mp3 players

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mikew
Registered Member

better handling of mp3 players

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:27 pm
the title of the topic probably isn't the best. I've never had any problems with the way amarok handles mp3 players. I just wish it handled the files themselves better

example: you have an ipod that plays mp3 and m4a files, and you have a generic audio player that plays only mp3 files, and they are to go into a certain folder. it would be nice if I could tell amarok which filetypes the audio device supports so that when transferring songs onto it it will transcode them on the fly.

I'm pretty sure this is already capable using a transcode script, I think it would be better suited as a core feature in the devices configuration panel
LinuxDave
Registered Member

Re: better handling of mp3 players

Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:10 pm
Old topic I know, but yes I agree. Currently Amarok just uses the first format in the list for the preferred format to transcode to. Which I'm sure is normally fine, however, my irviver clix 2gig (1st gen) lists txt as the default format. Which, well just doesn't work. My current solution is to hack the quick and dirty transcode script to think that txt is whatever format I want (started with ogg but they wouldn't play or transfer so I'm trying mp3's now I'll update when I know if that works)