This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Tagging problems -- with only ONE album

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS
So I have this goofy set of "Soft Rock Hits", just full of..... well, soft rock hits.  :smilie:

Nine of the ten CDs sort where I want them, in a folder called Various, not with the rest of the compilations and other Real Music in Various Artists. Except *one* of the CDs, which insists on being different. If the Artist is listed as Various for the album, EACH track instantly becomes Artist: Various in the track listings. If I go back and fix the Artist listing on each track, then Amarok creates an Artist listing for each track, instead of sorting them with the others, in Various.

Yes, I can find each of them, tell them to list in Various Artists, and then they all list together as one CD again, but it seems that for this one CD, I can't have it sort correctly. The only thing I can think of that could be causing this, is bum file names.

Sample file name from one of the correctly sorted tracks:
/home/valoriez/ogg/Various/Classic Soft Roc...ht/Bonnie Tyler - 02 - It's a Heartache.ogg

Sample from the one odd CD:
/home/valoriez/ogg/Various/Classic Soft Roc...- Linda Ronstadt - When Will I Be Loved.ogg

If I go into my file folders and add in the track #, will that make any difference? I really could care less about the track # -- These are Soft Rock Hits, for heaven's sake!

GAH -- for the sake of thoroughness, I did go into my ogg file folders, and find the one anomalous CD. Rather than being listed Various - track # - Artist - Track Name, instead, they were Artist - # - Name. So I did rename each of them.

Now I'm remembering that CDDB couldn't find this album, so I typed in the artist & track names manually into KAudioRipper. I did put the names in the correct columns, and didn't mess with the track numbers. So what happened?

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I edited all those track file names. *All* of the track names are now in the identical format. I rescanned the collection. The artist names had disappeared (for the third time) from each track -- fixed that, and off the individual tracks went to individual artists, instead of with the rest.

THIS IS SO FRUSTATING!!!!!!!!!!

Am I totally on the wrong track? WHAT can be doing this? They are in the same sub-folder within the ogg files -- Various.