This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Features request

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
k11-sogood
Registered Member

Features request

Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:43 am
Thank you for this marvelous soft (At first it's surprising faced to winamp, it pleases after !)

FAST
- I'd like to see the bitrate of the current song played in the main screen (without requesting info or  opening the player commander)
- could amarok remind the position of the left side panel after a closure of amarok (I like to keep it large) ?

LONG
- Could amarok mass rename selected files as some renamers do ?  (Amarok is the best tagger I know under Linux, but can't rename files) 

Thank you for helping us to rediscover our music !
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Re: Features request

Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:47 am
k11-sogood wrote:- Could amarok mass rename selected files as some renamers do ?  (Amarok is the best tagger I know under Linux, but can't rename files) 

Have you looked intot the "Manage files"->"Organize files" feature which is available in the Collection browser when right-clicking on any selection of files? I guess this does what you are looking for.
Boni
Registered Member

Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:08 pm
k11-sogood wrote:- I'd like to see the bitrate of the current song played in the main screen (without requesting info or  opening the player commander)

Press right click on the column above the playlist, then Show Column > Bitrate
I think that's what you want
k11-sogood
Registered Member

Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:09 pm
Hello,

Thank you for your help

> Boni
It's a way to abtain the bitrate,, thank you. There are many other ways. I proposed one more !

> marcel
no, it's not what I 'm looking for (or I didn't look the good way)
I find amarok a very good mp3 tagger, as we can edit all fields and even covers, lyrics ...
But I miss a feature letting me rename all files of an album for exemple wit a certain sheme : %track - %title - % artist.mp3
dangle_wtf

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:11 am
click the advanced button, then you can edit the format.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
k11-sogood
Registered Member

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:46 pm
Thank you

I'm not very clever  :wink:

I misunderstood marcel

I understand now why the tags-softs are not necessary  :biggrin:

Last edited by k11-sogood on Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.