This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok and iPod Smart Playlists

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tony_bibbs
Registered Member

Amarok and iPod Smart Playlists

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:14 pm
I've got a Photo iPod that I've been using quite happily for years.  I've got opensuse 10.2 installed and figured I'd see what the hype is around amarok.  Well, I'm happy to say I'm almost in love with amarok.  The problem is that not matter what I do, amarok seems to delete all my smart playlists from my ipod.  Here's the scenario.

I manage all my music with iTunes on a Mac at home.  I'm fine with that.  Then I bring my iPod to work and I'd like to listen to the music by plugging it into my laptop running opensuse.  All i want to do is play the music...not manage the ipod.  When I plug in the ipod, amarok happily detects it show's me all my playlists including the "smart playlists".  I can listen to all my music just fine.  However, when I safely unmount the ipod and turn it on all my "smart playlists" are gone.

Amarok 1.4.4
KDE 3.5.5 release 45.4
Photo iPod (model M9585LL) running version software v1.2.1
opensuse 10.2

I realize I don't need amarok to listen to my ipod.  However, I like the eye-candy it gives me as a new song starts and I like being able to control the locking of my desktop and pausing songs (which happens a few times each day) in one click of a button instead of having to explicitly do both.  Aside from my motivations, this removal of "smart playlists" clealry shouldn't be happening, right?

--Tony
tony_bibbs
Registered Member

Re: Amarok and iPod Smart Playlists

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:21 pm
I also should clarify that it is simply removing the "smart playlist" not the songs in them.

--Tony