This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Ratngs library?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bmassaer
Registered Member

Ratngs library?

Tue May 01, 2007 1:23 pm
Hi - Can anyone tell me where does Amarok store the mp3-ratings? I recently installed Ubuntu Feisty Fawn on a different partition of my hard disk. It did not include Amarok, so I also installed this wonderful program. But now it seems that all the ratings of my large music library are gone. When I log in into the old version of Ubuntu, I find all the ratings still there. Is there a file I can copy from the old partition to the new to have the ratings back again?
Thanks!
cubanresourceful
Registered Member

Re: Ratngs library?

Wed May 02, 2007 1:44 am
Alright, here goes. If you copy the whole folder instead of just the file, its like if you "cloned" your amarok.

If you want to keep all the album pictures, etc. go to your /home/[username] folder, and if your using KDE, in the address bar, type this /home/[username]/.kde/share/apps/
Where [username] is your username! :D
Now, you should see a folder named Amarok, copy and paste it in the SAME place on your other partition. Bada-bing boom, you've just basically cloned Amarok.

Now, if you just want the ratings, instead of copying the folder Amarok, go into it. Look for a file called collection.db (i think its called that, can't remember off the top of my head, but it ends in .db. Copy it, then paste it on your other partition in the SAME place. (You know, /home/[username]/....

Hope this helps ya! :P
bmassaer
Registered Member

Wed May 02, 2007 7:08 am
Thank You so much... it works!
cubanresourceful
Registered Member

Fri May 04, 2007 2:26 am
Your welcome! I always back up my Amarok folder before compiling SVN, just in case. Glad to be of help!