This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Script which allows you to (physically) delete a song

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pestbeule
Registered Member
Hi all.

I am searching for a script so that i can use a shortcut (e.g. CTRL + D) which physically deletes the song from my harddisc.
ich had kind of this for winamp called delamp or deleteamp... its hard work if you listen to a song, decide that its **** and then browse to the directory and delete it...maybe there is a script?

is it possible to do so? i just cant script something like that. maybe anyone is interesed in it
Hans
Administrator
OS
Why script? Right click -> Manage Files... -> Delete File.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
marcel
Registered Member
OS
pestbeule wrote:I am searching for a script so that i can use a shortcut (e.g. CTRL + D) which physically deletes the song from my harddisc.
ich had kind of this for winamp called delamp or deleteamp... its hard work if you listen to a song, decide that its **** and then browse to the directory and delete it...maybe there is a script?

This should not be that hard.
I guess you can use DCOP to get the file name + path of the current file. With this information, you can then delete the file. This sounds like a fairly short shell script, you then can link in KHotkeys.
pestbeule
Registered Member
oh my god... sorry... didnt know that it is that easy... didn't know that its "behind" manage...

thanks a lot
japonia18
Registered Member
Actually the script is very easy to implement using just 3 lines in bash.
This is a direct link to it http://ubuntuswitch.blogspot.com/2007/12/delete-songs-amarok-script.html.