This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Are label stored inside the file, and in wich tag?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lamyseba
Registered Member
Hi, I am new to amarok. I find the labels are a nice idea, because they give a lot of freedom to organize/display the music library.
Before using this functionality however, it seems important to know where this information is stored...
Is-it only in the database, or inside the music file ?   :confused:
If it's only in the database, labels will be a not-to-use feature for me, because there is a lot of way to loose this information.  :mad:
If it's inside the file, then it's perfect  :biggrin:. But is it stored in a place where other programs can read it:confused: (If I ever change my program for music listening). e.g. using some capabilities of the ID3 tags

Thanks in advance for your response.
hurra
Registered Member
Labels are only stored inside the amarok-database!
lamyseba
Registered Member
Then this is a feature request: store labels inside the files, like it does for artist, genre, track name...
cubanresourceful
Registered Member
That wouldn't be a good idea, because isn't there a chance that writing to the file to many times can corrupt it? Just wondering. But, features are features no? I'd rather it in my database because i do backups anyways. Maybe to choose whether to write in file or in database?