This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Media Keys Not Working With Amarok

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
linnerd40
Registered Member

Media Keys Not Working With Amarok

Wed May 16, 2007 12:31 pm
Hello fellow Amarok users, hoping you can help me here.
About 2 weeks ago I used the Update Manager to update to the latest version of Ubuntu, 7.04 Feisty Fawn. Since then, I have not been able to use the media keys on my Saitek Eclipse II keyboard with Amarok. Before the upgrade everything worked, but now they don't work with Amarok (however, they work with Totem and such).
Oddly enough, when I set Amarok to use these keys under Settings -> Global Shortcuts, it actually see the keys, and they are identified properly when I set them to a function (ie; Stop, I press the stop media key, and it is recognized as XF86AudioStop).  :confused:
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

-linnerd40
linnerd40
Registered Member
Please, someone help me! I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!
Boni
Registered Member
Disable all the Shotcuts for Media Playback in System > Settings > Hotkeys in your Ubuntu
linnerd40
Registered Member
WOW! Thank you Boni! You are a savior! Thanks a million!!! Works great!
swmmng
Registered Member
I have a Gyration keyboard, and disabled the hotkeys in Gnome (Ubuntu 7.10).  That let Amarok work with most of my media keys, but it won't detect the previous, next, or volume keys.  When I used Stop for stop, Amarok called that key XF86AudioPrev, and called Play XF86AudioNext.  Also, I can't make my Pause/Break key work as a global hotkey.  It seems to set fine, but isn't acting globally.  Any ideas, please?