This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Wish: Change color of tags (or whole songs) in the song list display !

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alexandre1975
Registered Member
I'm starting to numerise 18000 Titles from CDs and LPs.
Nothing is more monotonous to the eyes than a interminable list of text datas... of the same black color.

On mac os X, there is a "Mail" application where you can use some intelligent "Rules" to intelligently change the color (of text or/and background) of arriving mails and categorize them.

What about an intelligent "rules" function into Amarok to change colors of tags (or whole songs) in the song list  ?  or also to put some tags in "Bold" text   ?

Me, i would visualise rythmes by putting in my lists : a blue "T" (in Bold text) for a tango, a red "V" for a vals, a brown "R" for a Rock, etc...  and  also a light-green background for each instrumental track*...

The database would look really nicer and easier to glance through.

What do you think about it ?

Thanks,

Alexandre.

-----------------
alexf1975 at yahoo ddot fr
mobile: ++ 33 (0) 625 13 70 53

* lighter than this one

Example of intelligent "rule" in the "Mail" application in OS X :
[img]http://ziaglubov.com/bio/OS-X-Mail-Example.jpg[/img]

Last edited by alexandre1975 on Tue May 22, 2007 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Yep, that's not such a bad idea. We already have one color code in 1.4.5: new items in the playlist are printed blue. I think that we might maybe extend this system in 2.0.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
alexandre1975
Registered Member
cubanresourceful
Registered Member
I second this idea. Even though I mostly listen to rock, but it would be cool nonetheless! XD