This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: albumartist id3v2 tag

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imported-jonas
Registered Member
I love the flexibility of Quodlibet http://www.sacredchao.net/quodlibet

I love the UI of Amarok. But this is very frustrating.

Please use the albumartist tag, if existing. The album may have one main artist. But the individual tracks may have different artist. Especially on compilation albums.

A track may have several artists or performers. I don't want to have one pseudo-artist for each combination of artists. The main artists will be in the artist tag. Other notable performers will be in the performer tag. (Performers includes intsrument players, et al.) A lot of pop songs have a "featuring", mentioning an additional artist. That artist may be tagged as a performer or artist and the main artist is the album artist AND also the artist on the track.

A song may have several versions. Many CD "singles" have many versions of the same song. User the version tag for naming the specific version of the song. (I don't want to mess up the title tag with a lot of extra info about the version of the song, the featuring artist, et al.) Classic songs have been covered by many different artists. We want to have the song title the same and have other information in the artist and version tags.

The information in the playlist should have columns that composes the data from the availible tags. The normal artist column should display the albumartist or the artist if albumartist is missing, and multiple artist tags should be combined. The normal album column should combine the album tag and discnumber tag. The normal title column should combine the title tag and the version tag. There should also be the option of using the plain tags for the columns.

And searching should search all tags, including the comment and description tags.

And the tracks should be found under all the artists and albumartist in the music collection browsing.

There are other good tags to use. The main thing here is to enable us to
1. View and edit any custom tag we want
2. Enable multiple values on each tag. Especially in the artist and genre tags.
3. Compose column-info for playlist display.
4. Enable searches in all tags

At least, give me a better way to handle albumartist.

Thank you.