This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disable covers being displayed

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Meloria

Disable covers being displayed

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:05 am
Hello,
does anyone know if there is any way to remove the cover icons from tree view? I think it is rather screen eating when you are looking for something and half the view is filled with coverart. It gets even worse when a certain album doesn't even have artwork, so you only have the three line consuming empty icon there.

But anyway, I find it quite nice to look at the covers in the context view, therefore I do not want to remove the executable flag from the .kde/.../albumcovers folder, which I know is kind of a workaround for disabling cover display. Is there another way to achieve this?

Another thing is that sometimes every entry in tree view is doubled. Is this a known bug or did I do anything wrong?
(I run amarok 1.4.5 on kubuntu.)

If there's no easy way to have the cover-displaying behaviour of amarok changed, then maybe someone could present me a link to maybe an earlier 1.3.something or so version of amarok, I couldn't find it here. I think the older versions fitted my needs better than the 1.4 series. (But honestly, I don't know anymore.)

Thanks
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Disable covers being displayed

Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:22 pm
In 1.4.5 it only shows the cover if the album is expanded. Is that how your Amarok behaves too?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Meloria

Re: Disable covers being displayed

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:27 pm
In tree view it groups as Artist / Album and when an album is expanded, the title of the album spans the size of three rows and on the left it shows the cover (or the default-cover sign), yes.

But the other thing is, that it also expands albums unasked. (When I try to search something. Which is nice sometimes, of course. But not if this makes more tracks disappear to the bottom than necessary.)