This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

last.fm+iPod recently played support. Is it there? is it comming?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Fireblend
Registered Member
So I was browsing Wikipedia and found out that with Exaile you can actually submit tracks that have been played on your iPod recently to last.fm. I thought this was a feature exclusive to Windows' Audiosproggler but I see I was wrong. So I'm wondering, is the support for this feature planned or has it even been discussed?

I'd love if I could stop having to connect my iPod to my windows machine just to submit the tracks I listen to when I'm out and just do it with Amarok. I'm not switching players anytime soon since Amarok is IMO the best player in any OS (Cant wait for Windows version to get rid of iTunes) so I'd love to know if this feature is being considered.

Thanks in Advance!
imported-shiny
Registered Member
I was thinking about such a feature myself, but I do not think the developers consider it a suitable feature for the main application. Such functionality however, is quite suitable for a script. I don't know if there is appropriate api on the amarok side for this to work, but if anyone comes up with a working solution for getting song dates from the ipod, I'm sure the developers will add necessary features so such script could be written.
So we only need somebody with the will to dig into libgpod, and an ipod ;)