This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

a hotkey to launch a specific smartlist?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imported-Zeltak
Registered Member
Hi guys

I was wondering if there was a option in any way to launch a specific smartlist (lets say my 5 star rating list) by a hotkey or a command for the command line. i want to be able to use amarok in my living room as well (i already have it on 3 machines....why not add a fourth ;-)....) and use my remote to launch specific playlist...is that possible?

thx

Zeltak
imported-shiny
Registered Member
I doubt it is possible with a smart playlist, but you can manually create an ordinary playlist, and load it with:
Code: Select all
amarok -l /path/to/playlist.m3u
imported-Zeltak
Registered Member
hi

thx for the answer  :smilie:

unfortunately i need smart list support since i dont have a keyboard/mouse in the living room and want to fire up different playlists with LIRC and my remote. I wonder if its something that could appear in V2.

thx

Zeltak
imported-shiny
Registered Member
Whats smart lists have to do with lirc? You can run an ordinary playlist with remote as well, it's just it'll not be updated all the time.
imported-Zeltak
Registered Member
exactly  :smilie:..since i dont have a keyboard i want to use different dynamic modes (soft music, rock music etc..) so they go on for a while instead of manually each time transferring a playlist before i want to listen to music in my living room. in the days when i was a windoz user (2 years ago...) i used a program called j river media center where you could launch a specific smarlist with a command like mc.exe /pathto/smarlist.

thx

Zeltak
dangle_wtf
seems like a reasonable request to me :D

Have you considered posting a wish at bugs.kde.org ?

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
imported-Zeltak
Registered Member
Hi

Sure i will but its not really a bug is it  :cool:...ill try to do it now

thx

Zeltak