This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Lyrics in ipod

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wild_oscar
Registered Member

Lyrics in ipod

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:00 am
Is there any script to make the lyrics available in the ipod's "now playing" section, like in iTunes?

Aditionally, is this feature being implemented on the 2.0 roadmap?
Stifi
Registered Member

Re: Lyrics in ipod

Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:55 am
Is there any script to make the lyrics available in the ipod's "now playing" section, like in iTunes?

You could try the Lyrics ID3 script at http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=49274. But I am not sure if this is working.
wild_oscar
Registered Member

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:44 am
Stifi wrote:

You could try the Lyrics ID3 script at http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=49274. But I am not sure if this is working.

The script works, but even though it appears to record them in the ID3 tag, the lyrics are not shown in the ipod...
wild_oscar
Registered Member

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:41 pm
Would be great to see this feature in Amarok 2...

In my humble opinion, if amarok is to integrate with Ipod as well as iTunes does, it will be the master media player in Linux...
fernandosanchezmunoz
Registered Member

Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:54 pm
Hi everyone,

I am trying to do the same (uploading the song lyrics included in the ID3 tag and viewable in Amarok to ipod) but am being unsuccessful. I tried pasting the lyrics in the Collection file with "Edit info..." and then uploading, and even editing the ID3 tag in the file being already in my ipod with "Edit info...". I was unsuccessful with both methods.

Anyone out there that was able to upload lyrics to the ipod? Anyone that can confirm that this is/not supported?

Thanks much
  Fernando
Stifi
Registered Member

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:05 pm
There a two things you have to do. I have no ipod, so I can only help on one thing, Sorry.

1. You need to store the lyrics in the ID3 tag of your mp3 file. Amarok does not do this on its own. So you need a tagging software and store the lyrics manually or try this script:
Lyrics ID3

2. You have to set some bits in ITunesDB. Otherwise your mp3-player will no show the lyrics. Don't ask me why this is necessary nor how to do that. Sorry.

There had been already some discussions in this forum. Maybe you find some solutions for problem 2.