This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Improved device support, syncing, mtp, last.fm

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MichaelRalston
Registered Member
I'm interested in improving the music device support in last.fm. In particular I'd like it to be able to automatically put new songs on my mp3 player via some sort of playlist mechanism. Similar to what Windows Media Player can do.

While doing this I'm also interested in finding a way to read the play count for songs from MTP devices (i know my device, an iRiver Clix supports this). Also it would be nice if amarok could submit the songs played on the music device to last.fm. This would make amarok the first music player to be able to submit last.fm data from a mtp device.

I have more than 10 years of c++ programming experience, but I'm not sure if hacking directly on amarok's sources would be the best way to do all this. Would I be better off learning ruby and attempting this via an amarok script?

I'm interested in anyone else's thoughts on this, and if anybody would like to collaborate on this little project over the next 2 weeks.

Last edited by MichaelRalston on Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LinuxDave
Registered Member
Do you have a gen1 clix or a gen2 clix? Because I've got a 2gig gen1 clix and I see no discernible way to make it show me play counts on songs.