This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Volume Shortcut Keys

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Niels
Registered Member

Volume Shortcut Keys

Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:06 am
Hello,

i had amarok's volume shortcut keys set up, then I had to reinstall Linux (berylburbcough), and I've gotten everything else set back up, mood bars, and all that, but I can't seem to find volume shortcut keys (amarok shortcut keys, not globals, I found the globals) for Amarok 1.4.6. I see a single "volume" shortcut key, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm trying to tie the shortcuts to my multimedia keys on the keyboard. I've got play/pause, mute, and skip tied to multimedia keys. I just don't see volume up and volume down amarok shortcuts. Googling suggests I'm not the only person with this problem, but I don't see a solution. Any suggestions?

Niels
marcel
Registered Member
OS

Re: Volume Shortcut Keys

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:16 am
Take a look at the amarok dcop interface (e.g. wiki)
Niels
Registered Member

Re: Volume Shortcut Keys

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:12 am
Thanks, Marcel, I got that to work. For what it's worth, I'm trying to make use of the multimedia keys on my Dell Inspiron 9300. I wrote a custom keyboard for it so the keys work, and thanks to you I've got the 80% solution of being able to control the music volume, but the 100% solution would be to tie the master volume to the multimedia volume keys and tie Amarok's volume to the master volume. I suppose I'm on my own for the master volume (this is not a problem, I know how to do this), but how do I tie Amarok's volume to the master volume?