This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Old Version Without Double-Click Queuing?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bunnyfly
Registered Member
Hello. Being my first post, I hope this doesn't sound too whiney. I've recently switched over to Linux and can't find an mp3 player with a proper media library. They're a dime a dozen in Windows, even if not all optimal, but I've tried Amarok, Exaile, Listen, Banshee, Rhythmbox, BMPx, and a few others...and to my complete suprise, found that they are all very lacking when compared to even lesser Windows versions. It seems as though Linux players are great if you're concerned with audio quality and have a tiny 50 cd collection.

Amarok seems okay, but in my opinion, as it is, Amarok is fatally crippled, seeing as you have to bend over backwards with mouse clicks to open up an individual album without it being appended onto what's already playing.

I read somewhere that in an older version of Amarok, when you double click on an album in your library that it clears the playlist, opens that album, and begins playing it. Does anybody know which version this was, and where I can get it, or if there is an option hidden away in a config file that can repair this? (Or even better yet, does someone know of a program I might not have heard about? Jajuk looks promising, but however I try, it won't run on my system (Ubuntu Java1.6 w/o Compiz/Beryl) Thanks,
[bunnyfly]

Last edited by bunnyfly on Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.