This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Bookmarking Streams

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
brainfart
Registered Member

Bookmarking Streams

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:02 am
Hello,

I'm a big fan of Amarok and of internetradio. Naturally I was extremely happy, when the Shoutcast directory was integrated into Amarok. But now I have a problem with the huge amount of stations available: I find a stream I like and listen to it all day. The next time I start up Amarok I normally have no idea where I found it. Was it under Indie or Alternative or was it Eclectic? And I absoultely have no idea what the station called itself: was it Buzz Radio or Acid Radio or Edge or 181.fm or 151.fm or what?

That is why I would like to have an easy way of bookmarking Shoutcast streams, let's say into my own "Cool Streams" folder. Ideally this would happen just by a right-click context menu or by dragging-and-dropping them directly out of the Shoutcast folder into my folder. I could also imagine a permanent button somewhere, maybe on the Playlist toolbar, that worked as "add Stream to your bookmarks".

Is this possible?

Andy
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Bookmarking Streams

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:09 am
That's really easy to do: Just load the stream, and then click "Save Playlist" (either the icon or from the menu).

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
brainfart
Registered Member

Re: Bookmarking Streams

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:01 am
Thanks! That really is very easy. I never thought it to be that simple...