This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok will not start anymore

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hydr0
Registered Member

Amarok will not start anymore

Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:23 pm
I recently installed the ATI driver. Since I have done that Amarok does not start anymore I get the following if I try it in the console :

[user@localhost ~]$ amarok
Amarok: [Loader] Starting amarokapp..
Amarok: [Loader] Don't run gdb, valgrind, etc. against this binary! Use amarokapp.
amarokapp: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/xorg/libGL.so.1: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

Any ideas? I have tried uninstalling reinstalling (Amarok), but there was no change. Any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks
Alanceil
Registered Member
OS

Re: Amarok will not start anymore

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:20 am
Since the problem seems related to the libGL, and you've already tried reinstalling (I assume you use precompiled binaries, which may conflict with libraries they weren't compiled for), I'd download the source and compile it myself. If that doesn't work either, compile it with ./configure --disable-opengl .

Edit: It might also be --without-opengl, not sure there :)
hydr0
Registered Member

Re: Amarok will not start anymore

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:26 pm
Well, I rolled back the ATI driver that caused the issues and I have amarok back. Now I have some issues with X. No I understand why so many people do not like the binary blobs!
Thanks for the help!!