This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Database problem - Bizarre message

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MikeO
Registered Member

Database problem - Bizarre message

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:45 pm
Hi everyone.

This morning I got a strange message from Amarok: Could not launch the mail client. KDEInit could not launch KMail; Could not find kmail executable.

Of course... Kmail is not installed, I'm on Linux Mint / Cassandra, under Gnome, using Amarok 1.4.6.

The other thing is that it's not possible to build my collection anymore. It used to do it via SQLite but this morning, MySQL was the database that was selected. I am not able to change it back to SQLite. When I do and apply, that's when that strange message occurs. And when I click OK, Amarok closes.

I tried unsinstall/reinstall to no avail. Any ideas ?

Oh... another thing, when I start Amarok, I receive a first message saying that MySQL could not find a host or server. When I reinstalled, it seems to keep all my previous configurations even if I did a complete uninstall.

Thanks a bunch... !
Excuse my poor english... I'm french-canadian.

MikeO
Hans
Administrator
OS
You could try to backup your ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok and then delete/rename/move it. That way all previous configuration etc. should be erased.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
dangle_wtf
don't forget to do the same with ~/.kde/share/config/amarokrc

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"