This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

No playlist tabs in Amarok 2.0 despite heavy user demand?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stokedfish
Huge, huge disappointment...  :redface:

Yeah, why not ignore your users and reject the MOST REQUESTED feature without even giving a reason!

http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/t ... ml#msg3601

Already on the TODO, eh? Wtf, just what the **** guys.

http://www.kde-apps.org/CONTENT/content ... 3961-2.jpg

So we all have to go FALF or what? Great way of ignoring your users, thanks a lot...

Last edited by stokedfish on Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcel
Registered Member
OS
Search the forum, this request was discussed here multiple times.

And another comment: This is open source. If you desperately want a feature, you can always go ahead, implement it and then contribute it (and I am sure the core devs will consider it).
stokedfish
Open-source or not, doesn't matter.

Fact is that this request got tons (!) of votes on bugs.kde.org.

You just **** off a whole bunch of users with your decision!

Search the forum, this request was discussed here multiple times.

Yeah, guess why? Oh well... 

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/uploads/Amar ... -07-07.png

Now, with the supertiny playlist in Amarok 2.0 it would make even more sense to use tabs!

But naw, let's just ignore it...so this is how you close your bugs/wishes?

Last edited by stokedfish on Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sebr
Super tiny? It's just narrower.

Things to consider:
a) nobody to implement the feature.
b) if we implemented every feature, Amarok would be a right mess.
c) tabs make the interface more difficult to navigate around - there would be lots of logical problems with it. ( eg what song to play next, which tab )

So, if you wouldn't mind, please change your attitude. Instead of complaining say "Okay, It's something I really wanted but I'll have to accept their decision"
stokedfish
Seb Ruiz wrote:Super tiny? It's just narrower.

Well it seems you can't put as many songs in it as before, therefore tabs would *really* make sense.

Seb Ruiz wrote:a) nobody to implement the feature.

I remember that someone on here (or in IRC) said it would be no big deal with QT4...

Seb Ruiz wrote:b) if we implemented every feature, Amarok would be a right mess.

Nobody said you have to implement every feature, but ignoring the most requested (!) one certainly isn't a good idea. Especially when you can't add it with a script...

Seb Ruiz wrote:c) tabs make the interface more difficult to navigate around

I think that's ****.

Firefox, Foobar, FALF, Kopete, Openoffice, Koffice, Konqueror, Krusader, Excel, Total Commander, Pidgin, Nicotine, Museek, Miranda, Konversation, aMSN... - all of them use tabs and people seem to have no problem at all to handle them.

Seb Ruiz wrote:there would be lots of logical problems with it. ( eg what song to play next, which tab )

Both Foobar and FALF did it just right, so I don't think that would be a big issue.

Seb Ruiz wrote:Instead of complaining say "Okay, It's something I really wanted but I'll have to accept their decision"

Well, there's nothing I can do I guess (except go FALF) - but remember, this isn't only about me...

Last edited by stokedfish on Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dangle_wtf
Hey guess what? There are players out there that do tabbed playlists. You could use one of them. And perhaps hassle THOSE devs to implement features that Amarok has and they don't! :P

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"