This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Album View

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
synonymous
Registered Member

Feature Request: Album View

Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:20 pm
For those of us who don't micro manage our playlists and prefer to just get into the music, it would be nice to have an interface that doesn't give redundant information. I prefer a collapsed view of only limited information. At this time, if you were to add an album to the playlist, you would see the artist and album, year, genre and whatever else you have enabled for view, over and over and over as much as fills the screen. If you add more than an album or so, you only get to see one or two in the playlist unless you scroll all the way down. When I play music, I add albums or genres' to the playlist and then hit play, random or non. It would be awesome to maybe just show the album covers in the playlist and maybe blink the current playing cover and possibly list the playing track as well. My point is that there is way too much redundant information listed, and actually way too much listed anyway. I'm sure that I am not alone in that I just play albums either alone or multiple randomized. Thanks for reading. :cool:
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Feature Request: Album View

Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:55 am
Good news for you: We are planning to implement this feature in Amarok 2.0 :)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer