This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Amarok and Ipod (nano 2G)/Itunes Ratings are completely different

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Santos
Registered Member
Hi,

I finally succeeded in synchronizing the ratings of the Amarok-database and the Ipod. BUT i recognized that the ratings of Amarok and Itunes/the Ipod are completely different: If I change the ratings that Amarok shows me in its database or on the Ipod, there is no change in the real Ipod-Rating. Means: Amarok tells me it's also changed on the Ipod, but if I let my disconnected Ipod show the rating itsself when playing the song, it still displays the old rating I created with Itunes or the Ipod. If I change the rating and reconnect to the database, Amarok doesn't recognize the change. It seems like the Amarok-rating has absolutely no influence on the Ipod-rating system. This has to be changed urgently, otherwise the whole synchronize-function for ratings is useless to Ipod-users!

Last edited by Santos on Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Santos
Registered Member
Problem still remaining in Gutsy Gibbon. Surely I'm not the only one with that problem. Has anyone else with an Ipod nano 2G tried it?