This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

new podcast checking opens too many simultaneous connections

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
muungwana
Registered Member
i have close to 30+ podcasts with amarok, when amarok tries to go check for new podcasts automatically or manually, it seems to just launch a different thread per podcast, with 30+ podcats, it will lauch 30+ connections that will simultaneously try to go online looking for updates ..if for one reason or another, my network becomes slow(like when i am downloading something) ..most of these connections fail with the "unable to connect to server error"

it would be nice if amarok could have somesort of a limit to how many connections it opens at a time, what about 5 for example, open 5, check, open another 5, check ..untill when all of them are done ..opening 30+ connections isnt very "cool" considering some connections people have ..

since i am here typing, i might as well ask here ..is there a plugin that exists that will tell/notify me if a new podcast is  available and/or downloaded ..its kind of annoying to go looking for them every hour or so ..i have looked everywhere and i didnt find anything ..