This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

creating new visualizations: can't find a howto

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
freezerman
Registered Member
I'm running Mepis7.0beta4 64 bit and Amarok 1.4.7 using kde 3.5.7 is pre-installed.  I had to use synaptic to install libvisual-0.4-0 along with libvisual-0.4-0-plugins and libvisual-0.4-0-dev .

Unfortunately, I can't find a whole lot of documentation on how, exactly to create a new visualization.

What I'm looking to see is a simple X-Y plot of the left and right channels, you watch that to verify that the stereo signal is in the proper phase.  (A mono signal would look like a 45 degree line slanting up to the right, a 180 degree out of phase mono signal slants down to the right.  A properly phased stereo signal looks like a mess, but you want to see it trending up to the right.

any pointers?

thanks
DarkMageZ
Registered Member
if you're looking to write a new visualization. it might be possible to build projectm for libvisual (which amarok uses for visualizations) and write a visualization (milkdrop) for projectm :)

or you could join irc.freenode.net #libvisual and ask for pointers on how to create a completely new visualization for libvisual (which amarok would then beable to use)