This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

A couple of Database Questions

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sanskritter
Registered Member

A couple of Database Questions

Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:48 pm
Have managed to get mysql to swallow a 500gb collection [all tagged].
:cool:
I love the mounting by label functionality in kde, I don't have to be root, the drive automounts with write permissions and it's always at /media/LABEL, so mysql and therefore amarok consistently see the database.
I had to persist with the database creation [at least 4 full passes]  before everything appeared in Amarok, but now it's in! And I have a question, two actually.
It appears that the 'update collection' option is greyed out and Amarok is doing it automatically at intervals.
Is this because I selected 'watch folders' in options? Are they inter-connected in this way?
Secondly is there a way to get Amarok to just rescan the tags of certain files? Will touch-ing the file trigger this behaviour?
How about a context menu option?
Anyway, I keep poking!
Peace.
S

sanskritter
Registered Member

Re: A couple of Database Questions

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:13 pm
So I see now that 'update collection' is greyed out when 'watch folders' is selected.
here is a thornier problem ....
suppose I have a 4 disc compilation, and then I select the context menu option 'don't show in various artists', is there any way of restoring that view, for the entire compilation .... other than manually adding the various artists? [presumably from a filtered view]
thanks for any input.
S

dangle_wtf

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:06 pm
Yes, if you change view temporarily to "group by album" all the tracks from that album will be grouped together (assuming they all have the same album tag). Then you can right-click and "show under various artists" again.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
sanskritter
Registered Member

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:27 pm
Doh! But of course!
Thanks for doing my thinking for me ...