This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Purpose of Skins

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sharpdust
Registered Member

Purpose of Skins

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:18 am
What are the purpose of skins? All they do is change the context window. Is there a way to apply the skin to the entire program. Or at least a way to skin it so the playlist window (similar to xmms).
dangle_wtf

Re: Purpose of Skins

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:17 am
there's no such thing as a skin for amarok, maybe that's where you're getting confused?

To change the look of amarok, play with your kde styles and themes, and then pick a context style to match.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
sharpdust
Registered Member

Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:53 pm
I'm referring to the the context browser. I got some theme for it off kde-look.org and I was hoping that the entire program would get the theme. Yet it's only for the context window. Is there a way to at least undock that context window so it'll only show that?
deadowl
Registered Member

Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:57 am
sharpdust wrote:I'm referring to the the context browser. I got some theme for it off kde-look.org and I was hoping that the entire program would get the theme. Yet it's only for the context window. Is there a way to at least undock that context window so it'll only show that?

Are you used to the Windows Media Player style?
sharpdust
Registered Member

Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:54 pm
deadowl wrote:
sharpdust wrote:I'm referring to the the context browser. I got some theme for it off kde-look.org and I was hoping that the entire program would get the theme. Yet it's only for the context window. Is there a way to at least undock that context window so it'll only show that?

Are you used to the Windows Media Player style?

i'm used to  xmms .