This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

organization

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sn0skier
Registered Member

organization

Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:39 am
I am thinking about switching from windows to linux, becuase I am building a new computer and I don't feel like installing vista on it. The one thing that I am a little worried about is finding a player/organizer for my music collection. I am currently using mediamonkey on windows which I love, and I don't want to give it up. However, from what I have seen on this site Amarok seems like a worthy competitor. The things I am most concerned about are playback quality and organizational abilities. I am a bit OCD about my music collection and I need to have perfect tagging (including artwork) for every song. I also need to have every song on every album. I have aprrox. 14,000 songs and I need a organizational tool that will be able to handle this size music collection well. Can someone tell me if Amarok (or its scripts) has these features:
1. ability to find missing songs from albums.
2. ability to find songs with missing tagging information
3. ability to find discrepincies between tagging information of songs on the same album
4. coverflow (not as important, but it would be cool to have)
5. Auto-detect folders

Also if anyone has used mediamonkey before and you could give me some general pro's and con's of MM vs. Amarok I would appreciate it.
thevjm
Registered Member

Re: organization

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:27 pm
I am in the exact same situation as this guy. Some insight would be great.
hurra
Registered Member

Re: organization

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:36 pm
1. no
2. no
3. no
4. no
5. no