This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Need to replace My Ipod, Any Suggestions?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
djhvt
Registered Member
So my third Gen Ipod finally bit it, I certainly got my moneys worth out of that thing! Anyway, I want a new player and since I am new to the Linux world and Amarok I was wondering which players work better.

I do have a few requirements:
It must have both MP3 and Flac support, my music collection is pretty much 50/50 and i have no desire to go through a reformate my music, besides it would be a daunting task.
image support, even if its just jpeg
it cant be a brick, and must fit in my jeans pocket. So not much bigger then my old player
it has to be at least 4 gigs
it must have at least 10 hours of battery life (preferably more)
lastly i like to use my player, not fight with it. To that end it must work out of the box, no Rockbox or anything else. I like to screw around with my technology and learn how it works...but not my music, i just want it to work.

I don't need games,wifi, video, or anything else.

The players from Cowon and Teclast look nice has anyone actually used any of them? Other suggestions are appreciated as well.

Thanks so much for your wisdom and help in advance!
borahshadow
Registered Member
Well I;ve been looking at the sandisk sansa's and they look pretty good the only requirement that they don't seem to meet is flac but rockbox runs on the e200 series and amarok can encode you flac to mp3 on the go if you want that
just a suggestion