This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

A Feature Request for amarok 2.0

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mechanism
Registered Member

A Feature Request for amarok 2.0

Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:06 pm
Simply requested, please make Amarok 2.0 as easy to use as iTunes.  Amarok handles MP3s quite well but if you own a video iPod like myself (5th generation, 30 gig) then you will quickly find that Amarok does not support video files very well.  Of course, I know about gtkpod but that is probably one of the most archaic programs I've ever used.  Plus, I do not want to use two programs to replace one (iTunes).

That's my request - make 2.0 easy(r) to use than iTunes with video and audio support.  Then I'll be able to delete Windows from my hard drive.

Thanks,

Mike
Martin Aumueller
KDE Developer
Amarok is not an iPod manager, but a music player and manager. Thus, this is not the main focus of development. Only if it turns out to be really easy to do and if doesn't impair Amarok's usability for audio, this could be done.
mechanism
Registered Member
Of course.  I understand that.  But, keep in mind that the vast majority of music players in this world are iPods.  While only a percentage of those iPods are actually video capable, the evolution of that product is slowly going from music player to media device.  I just wouldn't want Amarok to get left behind.

M