This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

A few feature request for Amarok 2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stibbons
Registered Member

A few feature request for Amarok 2

Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:52 pm
Hi all,

I use Amarok daily as my only playlist organizer and music player. Here is a few feature request for the next release, these are things that could be quite helpful:

1) Longer or configurable "New albums" list. For the moment it is only limited to the 5 latest albums. Or provide a way to show all album ordered by the date in has been added in the database in the "collection" tab.
2) make the album art always displayed in the "collection tab", and not only when we expand the album name. I like the idle context tab, but it needs to be improved: longer list (with a scrollbar or something)
3) Please make the vote visible in the "collection" tab, so user can see directly which are it favorite musics
4)- ability to dump current last.fm radio track into the database.
5) it is possible to backup the vote value into the mp3 itself?(I like having everything into the file, so I can rebuild the database easily when something happens. So far, only the vote is lost.

I have a small issue when using amarok : it seems to lags/slowdown quite often, when the track change + OSD is displayed, or when date is been edited into lot of files... I have >6000 tracks in my database.

Thanks for making such a great software!
Stib'
timothy.malone
Registered Member
This is a killer feature for me, and right now it is keeping me from using Amarok regularly (that and the fact that Amarok is rather buggy when used in a Gnome environment. For instance, it has been trying to disconnect my iPod for the past ten minutes). It becomes too much of a pain in the **** to figure out which songs have been put on my iPod already, and which ones haven't. I would really like to be able to have a playlist populate itself with songs that are in my collection, but not on my iPod.