This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

FreeDB down for days?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

FreeDB down for days?

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:56 am
Am I the only person experiencing this? I'm trying to rip some new CDs, and immediately get the error message "Unable to retrieve CDDB information." This has been going on for days, with ONE successful connection. I'm using KAudioCreator to rip my CDs in Kubuntu. I would think it was just me or my setup, except for that one successful use a couple of days ago.

I realize that this is not directly Amarok-related, but I'm not sure where else to ask. I see that FreeDB's statistics for last week:

Album Request StatisticsAlbum Requests - Last week (2007-12-03 - 2007-12-09)
Album
Request
No information found.
  Total Amount of all Requests in FreeDB  100

:confused:

So it sounds like it is working for nobody. Their forum will not load for me, and freedb.freedb.org immediately redirects to www.freedb.org (although this could just be http requests). I've sent email to info@freedb.org without reply. Does anyone have contacts with people providing this service?

Valorie

Alanceil
Registered Member
OS

Re: FreeDB down for days?

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:54 am
As far as I know, freedb.org went down some time ago and the database was moved to freedb2.org, so you might want to try this one instead. ( http://www.freedb2.org/ )

Last edited by Alanceil on Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:15 am
Thanks Alanceil. Eventually it started working again with no action on my part, so for now, I'm leaving well enough alone. But if it goes down again, you have provided the answer!

Thanks again,

Valorie

Enric Likes Funk ;)
Registered Member

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:01 am
How strange, i get results from freedb.org using Grip...

Rokymotion Member. Join the Rokymotion, the Amarok Insane Underground Team.