This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

CarPC/Carputer skin/fronend help

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sergei_franco
Registered Member

CarPC/Carputer skin/fronend help

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:17 pm
Hi there, I am building a Carputer/CarPC to play media on small mini-ITX based PC with 7" touch screen monitor, I like the amarok player, but the problem is that user interface is not very suitable for the touch screen, where I can get skin/front end for that purpose? I have tried to install MythTV but got nowhere (it is a bloody mess in my opinion). I don't really need to play videos, just music, so amarok with the full screen skin will do the job.
I am using Kubuntu 7.10 btw. Main goal is to have full screen skin with buttons large enough to use with touch screen, a scroll bar for volume, normal playback buttons, and some playlist management....
Can some one point me to the right direction. mp3car forum is useless, everyone there is using windows based software, I simply can't believe that there is no decent carppc front ends for linux (with carpc being sort of DIY hack of a thing in first place).
eean
KDE Developer
OS
Well you could script up an Amarok frontend in DCOP. You might poke around http://www.kde-apps.org and see if any of the current Amarok frontends would suit your purpose at all.

Amarok Developer
sergei_franco
Registered Member

Re: CarPC/Carputer skin/fronend help

Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:42 am
Thanks, I will research more into this .....
I hope my programming skills are up to task...
whynot
Registered Member
Hello Sergei_Franco,

Did you find a front-end that fit you? I have a similar problem with an eeePC I just bought and has Amarok installed on it. Amarok seems great, but I need to reduce the fonts, and i'm not sure how to do it, since apparently there is no skin support. Is the "front-end" a solution? I'm sorry but all this seems very technical to me... :redface:

Thanks in advance!