This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Request: Greater Moodbar Integration

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Aronzak
Registered Member
Firstly, thank you to everyone who has developed a great music player.

The moodbar is a very cool feature. I think, however, that Amarok could show it off better. As far as I know, Amarok is the only music player that has the moodbar. As they say, "if you have it, flaunt it."

First, when the moodbar package is installed, could the OSD be fixed at a larger size? The moodbar looks better when it is stretched out more.
Example: The OSD in Picture one (Large2.png) looks better than Picture two (Small2.png), even though they are for the same song (different CD name). I have gimped (really badly) a vague idea of how an artificially stretched OSD would look (Medium2.png).

Second, I think that the slider bar in the bottom right hand corner of the player window is too small. Being able to expand this bar would make it easier to select a position on the track. This could be a useful feature of the "pub mode"

Third, I think that the Player window could have a bigger moodbar, so that the colours are easier to see. (PlayerWindow.png)

Fourth, it would be great if something similar to the player window could be used as an applet in the KDE Panel

Fifth, many of the SuperKaramba desklets were to do with Amarok. It would be cool to have something similar to the OSD as a feature that could be used with SuperKaramba, or the new KDE 4 desktop features.

Thanks for taking the time to read a feature request from a noob user. I you don't understand anything, the pictures may help.
These are only suggestions. Feel free to rubbish them as you see fit :smilie: