This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[feature request] Auto DJ

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
RasputinsDog
Registered Member

[feature request] Auto DJ

Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:28 am
My favorite app from windows was music match jukebox. I have found Amarok to be good replacement for the most part, but I miss the auto dj feature of mmjb. Is there anyway to include such a feature into a future release or is easily implemented via scripts? Thanks for the great work!
Enric Likes Funk ;)
Registered Member

Re: [feature request] Auto DJ

Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:09 am
Hi RasputinsDog, and welcome to the forum! Yah, i also used MusicMatch Jukebox, but back when it was version 4, like in 1999 or so. It was the first player i remember with Collection Browser. Amarok is far better. So better that it has Smart and Dynamic playlists. With Smart Playlists, you can create an AutoDJ-like playlist, based on a certain criteria, like songs by an artist, last played, fave tracks, newest ones, etc. You can create custom queries and make a personalized playlist. What i prefer is the Suggested Songs, that gets the suggested tracks by the artist you are currently playing. Feel free to experiment with the settings and try the powerful Random Mix :) Good luck!

Rokymotion Member. Join the Rokymotion, the Amarok Insane Underground Team.
RasputinsDog
Registered Member

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:45 am
Maybe I have overlooked the breadth of the play list creation functions of Amarok, but I haven't found it to be quit the replacement for auto dj. Auto dj allowed me to make a play list based on three or four tag criteria and then build a random list from those to fit into either a customizable size or to fit into a customizable time allotment. An example would be to have it build a list of songs that have a tag of grunge rock genre from the year 1993 but excluding anything from Pearl Jam and have the whole list run no longer than 3 hours or any number of million other possibilities. Unless I overlooked something I haven't found a script that.can match this and the play list builder that is built in doesn't match this either. Thanks for your reply though.
dangle_wtf

Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:29 am
the only thing missing from your example is the time/size limit. You might find scripts that do such limiting - have a look on http://kde-apps.org

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
Zunami
Registered Member

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:04 pm
jeah that is a good idea  :cool:

but with a very easy dj or party window mode. with window switch passwort.

a option to filter music genre for the party  :wink: