This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Streaming Radio -- Song and Artist information

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
indigo196
Registered Member
Hello:

I am using amarok (kde) and have been using Rythmbox (gnome). When I stream SomaFM's Indie Pop Rock I do not get the song title and artist information with amarok, but I did get this with Rythmbox. Is this normal? Is there some setting I need to tweak?

Thanks.
Enric Likes Funk ;)
Registered Member
Welcome to the forum, indigo196! It's working here. Now playing: "Mirage People" by Capitol Years. I don't like it, though :). Using Amarok 1.4.7 and xine-engine. Replicate my settings and it should work.

Rokymotion Member. Join the Rokymotion, the Amarok Insane Underground Team.
lesjen
Registered Member
I'm on a FreeBSD system and I get an error that this stream needs a plugin. Which plugin is it I have to install?
markey
KDE Developer
OS
lesjen wrote:I'm on a FreeBSD system and I get an error that this stream needs a plugin. Which plugin is it I have to install?

Make sure that your Amarok is able to play mp3 (can you play local mp3 files?), and if that's the case, simply try to restart the stream a few times. If the server is actually online, it will usually work at the second or third attempt. This small annoyance is a known bug in xinelib and is going to be fixed at some point.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
johan_solo
Registered Member
indigo196 wrote:I am using amarok (kde) and have been using Rythmbox (gnome). When I stream SomaFM's Indie Pop Rock I do not get the song title and artist information with amarok, but I did get this with Rythmbox. Is this normal? Is there some setting I need to tweak?

I have a similar problem playing last.fm streams. The song information are correct for the first song, but there is no update...
I've checked on last.fm and the problem seems to be in amarok (the titles are correct on my profile page).
I'm using version 1.4.7 on Mandriva 2008 and 1.4.8 on Fedora 8.

Thanks