This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

3rd Generation iPod, Amarok 1.4.8, libgpod 0.6.0 and cover art

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jrattner
Registered Member
Recently I purchased a new ipod.  A 3rd Generation iPod Nano to be exact.  From the Ubuntu forums I've been able to get my iPod to sync with amarok very nicely.  The problem is, I can not get it to transfer artwork to it.  First I tried to to get the Amarok to transfer ITS cover art, and then I tried embedding art into my mp3's.  Both of these methods failed.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is there anyway to get my artwork onto my pod?
n0x
Registered Member
When you say "tried to get Amarok to transfer its cover art", what do you mean? How did you try to do that?
Anyways, you have to click on the double arrow next to "Transfert" button. Then go in "iPod" and click "Update artwork". That should do the trick. ;)
bhaddow
Registered Member
I'm also having the same problem, with I think the same model of iPod. I select an album from my collection which has cover art associated with it, mark it for transfer to the IPod, and then click the transfer button. Then I go to "iPod" and "Update artwork" and amarok tells me that it is updating the artwork. But the covers are not shown on the iPod. I have Kubuntu 7.10, Amarok 1.4.7 and libgpod 0.6.0
Enric Likes Funk ;)
Registered Member
Hi guys! The last time i had artwork problems with Amarok (the last time i updated the system ;) ) everything i did was:
1. Uninstall libgpod
2. Uninstall Amarok
3. Compile the latest checkout of libgpod SVN (or .6.0)
4. Compile Amarok

And it was working like a breeze. If you are adventourous like me and have formatted the iPod with HFS+ (if you want to use the device with a mac, like i have to do) then you must update the permissions of the .iPod_Control/Artwork folder, ie. chmod ugo+rwx, the fastest method :). Maybe the problem is on the libgpod side...

Rokymotion Member. Join the Rokymotion, the Amarok Insane Underground Team.