This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature request: Mp3 embed coverart...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hayden
Registered Member
My friend has a new ipod nano, and wanted coverart for his songs, so that coverflow would work better. Anyways, I got all of the coverart through amarok, put the files on a flash drive, then put them on the ipod through itunes. But when they went on his ipod, none of the art was there. I found out that this was because amarok doesn't embed the art in the file. So, I think that it would make Amarok even more perfect, if it embeded the coverart it finds in the file, instead of storing it somewhere else.
markey
KDE Developer
OS
We're currently not doing this for licensing reasons (we get the pictures from Amazon under a special license). But it can be done as a third party extension. In fact such a script exists (I've written it), but it hasn't been maintained in a long time and is known to be buggy, including data loss. So if you try it, make sure to make a backup.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
gwrtheyrn
Registered Member
i second the motion, it would be really helpful to have them included in the file. maybe it can be done for all manually added covers?
futwick
Registered Member
I do not want images encoded into my music files, I prefer having album art logically separate.

If Amarok was going to start doing this I'd want an option to turn it off.
dangle_wtf
hence markey's comment about using scripts...
It's possible to do, but as mentioned, the script has not been maintained for a while. If someone really wanted the feature, i'm sure they could hack at it. Keep stuff like this as third-party and everyone is happy :)

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
hayden
Registered Member
Well, if we really do want the feature, can we at least take a look at what exists of the script (link...) :)
dangle_wtf
it's where all amarok scripts are - on http://kde-apps.org - you'll have to search from there. Or try via 'get hot new stuff' in the amarok scripts dialogue from the tools menu... it fetches from the same place.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"