This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

live365 song info

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gwrtheyrn
Registered Member

live365 song info

Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:53 pm
hey

there's a live365 radio station that i like to listen to, but as you probably know, live365 doesn't submit any tags like current track or artist. a possibility to kinda solve this problem would be if i could add a web browser tab in the context browser, so i could open the station info page in there, on which i can see the currently played track.

is that possible? or is there an even better way to get current song info?

ps: without tags there's no way to submit the tracks to last.fm, right?
dangle_wtf

Re: live365 song info

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:06 pm
The tag thing won't matter one way or the other for last.fm... tracks played via streaming aren't submitted at all.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"
markey
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:05 am
AFAIK live365 uses a proprietary protocol, not standard Shoutcast. Amarok does not support this protocol.

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
gwrtheyrn
Registered Member

Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:43 am
Mark Kretschmann wrote:AFAIK live365 uses a proprietary protocol, not standard Shoutcast. Amarok does not support this protocol.

so then why can i listen to the stream?

what i want is to include a webbrowser that points to the live365 page in a new tab in the context browser, so i can see what song i'm listening to without having an extra browser window open, nothing else. is that possible?