This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

IPod nano 3rd Generation, Amarok 1.4.8 and libgpod 0.6.0

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Juan Ehrenhaus
Registered Member
Hello,
I've got a brand new IPod nano 3rd Generation.
I have installed all last rpm Files for amarok as like as for gtkpod and libgpod. (from  the available current packman rpm files )

The IPod let synchronize it from iTunes under WXP.

Under SuSe10.2 (32bit) I am able to read the databank only, using gtkpod or amarok.  :confused:
Amarok tell me that the FirewireGuid is not known and recommend me to get more information from the amarok.org/wiki web page

I've got the FirewireGuid Number from my IPod as describe there, also I could change the SysInfo file (stored under the mountpoint of the iPod link) but without success.
It seems necessary to compile libgpod0.6.0 considering this modified SysInfo file.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

It is necessary?

Was an error to operate the IPod first with iTunes/WXP and afterward connect it to gtkpod / amarok under Suse-Linux?

If I formate the Ipod back (to  the factory settings) How must it looks like the "proper connection steps" within a SuSE Linux OS?

Thank you for any advice.
Juan Ehrenhaus

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juan Ehrenhaus
Registered Member
Well it is solved  :biggrin: after the last libgpod actualization and the above indications regarding the FirewireGuid Number.

It is a great thing playing with the iPod using Amarok
THX anyhow.
Juan

P.S By the way.... artwork seems to work fine  :wink:
Well some cover match additional songs form the list that were not part of the album :confused:, anyhow when you select one of this additional songs the correct cover is selected and shown. I see this as a cosmetic error,  maybe related with the metadata transferred.
P.S. Thank you P. Bleser (Packman) for update the rpm libgpod files for suse users.  :cool:
For Suse users: important is to install libgpod-tools from packman repositories additionally to the above indications.
Have fun  :biggrin:

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.