This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Thank god for Amarok (and my iPod)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stevellion
Registered Member

Thank god for Amarok (and my iPod)

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:33 am
Just had to share this.. it a VERY stupid mistake this morning, I did a rm -r * in my audio directory..  40GB of music down the drain.. I meant to zap another directory.. yeah, very silly.

Anyway.. thankfully, everything fully synchronised onto my iPod.. so quick, plug it into my linux laptop, use Amarok and copy it all back into the collection.. Thank god..  phew... :biggrin:
markey
KDE Developer
OS
Nice story, thanks for sharing :)

--
Mark Kretschmann - Amarok Developer
stevellion
Registered Member
Now here's the thing....  Music is back, but cover art is all gone.
In my originals, all the MP3's had the cover art stored in the id3 tag - which meant that the different client applications I used had no problem to access it.

I can get the coverart through the wonderful Amorak, but I can't find a way to write the cover art back into the ID3 tag - only into the Amorak database.  Can someone help with this?
dangle_wtf
You'll need to use another app for this, preferably one that uses taglib or something else that writes id3v2.4, or take a chance with an unmaintained Amarok script that performs the function.

"There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works."
If men could get pregnant, we'd learn the true meaning of "screaming nancyboy wuss"